Focus MK4 2018- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
Post Reply
Murat123
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:16 pm
Vehicle: Ford Focus 1.0l EcoBoost

Focus MK4 2018- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

Post by Murat123 »

Hi All,

Can anyone help me out with activating adaptive cruise control for the titanium model. I have lane & pre collision assist. Speed and traffic sign recognition also.

I activated it in the SCCM however, as soon as i turned the ignition on it said pre-collision assist has stopped working. I want to turn on "Adaptive cruise control with stop and go"

I have managed to get the adaptive cruise control setting on the IPC.

Kind regards
roylion15
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:35 am
Vehicle: Fiesta ST, 1500, Ecoboost, 200 PK, 2019 model

Re: Focus MK4 2018- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

Post by roylion15 »

Hello
For the ACC , you need some hardware.
First the radar in the front bumper of the vehicle must be present.
IPMA /SCCM /IPC /BCM must also programmed for these features and may be ABS module need other settings.
No support in PM without invitation, please ! - Holidays to 31 august 2020
Murat123
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:16 pm
Vehicle: Ford Focus 1.0l EcoBoost

Re: Focus MK4 2018- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

Post by Murat123 »

roylion15 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:04 am
Hello
For the ACC , you need some hardware.
First the radar in the front bumper of the vehicle must be present.
IPMA /SCCM /IPC /BCM must also programmed for these features and may be ABS module need other settings.
Hi,

I have the radar on the lower bumper. I have the ABS module on forscan so I guess it's something that can be programmed right away.
andyh1108
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:00 pm
Vehicle: Edge 2.0 TDCi 210

Re: Focus MK4 2018- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

Post by andyh1108 »

Assuming you have the hardware, forward looking radar, heads up display and the correct buttons on the steering wheel yiu just need to activate ACC options in the following modules PCM, BCM, ABS, IPC, SCCM. It depends on your vehicle as to whether those options can be selected within Forscan as not all have option to select options in PCM
Murat123
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:16 pm
Vehicle: Ford Focus 1.0l EcoBoost

Re: Focus MK4 2018- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

Post by Murat123 »

andyh1108 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:58 am
Assuming you have the hardware, forward looking radar, heads up display and the correct buttons on the steering wheel yiu just need to activate ACC options in the following modules PCM, BCM, ABS, IPC, SCCM. It depends on your vehicle as to whether those options can be selected within Forscan as not all have option to select options in PCM
I haven't got the heads up display but I do have the cruise control buttons on my steering wheel. Is the heads up display necessary?
andyh1108
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:00 pm
Vehicle: Edge 2.0 TDCi 210

Re: Focus MK4 2018- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

Post by andyh1108 »

Murat123 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:37 pm
andyh1108 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:58 am
Assuming you have the hardware, forward looking radar, heads up display and the correct buttons on the steering wheel yiu just need to activate ACC options in the following modules PCM, BCM, ABS, IPC, SCCM. It depends on your vehicle as to whether those options can be selected within Forscan as not all have option to select options in PCM
I haven't got the heads up display but I do have the cruise control buttons on my steering wheel. Is the heads up display necessary?
Yes, the HUD is the row of red leds in front of the driver below the windscreen, if you don't have that how do you know you have the forward facing radar?
Murat123
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:16 pm
Vehicle: Ford Focus 1.0l EcoBoost

Re: Focus MK4 2018- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

Post by Murat123 »

andyh1108 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:02 pm
Murat123 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:37 pm
andyh1108 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:58 am
Assuming you have the hardware, forward looking radar, heads up display and the correct buttons on the steering wheel yiu just need to activate ACC options in the following modules PCM, BCM, ABS, IPC, SCCM. It depends on your vehicle as to whether those options can be selected within Forscan as not all have option to select options in PCM
I haven't got the heads up display but I do have the cruise control buttons on my steering wheel. Is the heads up display necessary?
Yes, the HUD is the row of red leds in front of the driver below the windscreen, if you don't have that how do you know you have the forward facing radar?
I've got it on the lower front bumper and I was going through modules on Forscan and a setting had "RADAR" on it. When I clicked edit selected it had "CAMERA" option on it too. I forgot what it was.

Guys while you're here does anyone know how I can increase the 3 signal blinks to 5?
andyh1108
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:00 pm
Vehicle: Edge 2.0 TDCi 210

Re: Focus MK4 2018- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

Post by andyh1108 »

Murat123 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:26 pm
andyh1108 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:02 pm
Murat123 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:37 pm


I haven't got the heads up display but I do have the cruise control buttons on my steering wheel. Is the heads up display necessary?
Yes, the HUD is the row of red leds in front of the driver below the windscreen, if you don't have that how do you know you have the forward facing radar?
I've got it on the lower front bumper and I was going through modules on Forscan and a setting had "RADAR" on it. When I clicked edit selected it had "CAMERA" option on it too. I forgot what it was.

Guys while you're here does anyone know how I can increase the 3 signal blinks to 5?
For adaptive cruise the radar module is hidden behind the front pumper and will show in forscan as C-CM MODULE, adaptive cruise does not use a camera at all, camera is for Lane guidance, collision warning and speed sign recognition
c-max
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:12 pm
Vehicle: Focus Active 1,0 ecoboost

Re: Focus MK4 2018- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

Post by c-max »

I have two module configurations. One car with ACC and one car without (with standard cc). I checked the modules and software and are identical (except the missing CCM module.
As i understand my car should be able to enable ACC if i install CCM module and steering buttons. What do you think?
μοδθλε_1.png
μοδθλε_1.png (50.03 KiB) Viewed 4214 times
Attachments
module1.png
module1.png (48.48 KiB) Viewed 4218 times
neutron2k
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 3:14 pm
Vehicle: Ford Focus MK4 1.0 125 Ecoboost 2018

Re: Focus MK4 2018- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

Post by neutron2k »

Where did you source this info mate?
Post Reply