Focus MK4 2018- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
c-max
Vehicle: Focus Active 1,0 ecoboost

Re: Focus MK4 2018- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

Post by c-max »

FocusStline wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:43 pm
tombalt wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:49 am
After connecting the UCDS, the CCM calibration did not start, it was necessary to upload the car configuration to the Ford servers and start the IDS calibration procedure grom ETIS.
The radar is working. ACC works great, iACC doesn't work - I don't have navigation.
I’m following this thread since day one. I want to retrofit my focus MK4 as well. I have nav, -CH IPMA, normal CC.
So after installing the C-CM and the programming with Forscan, I then have to calibrate the C-CM with IDS? UCDS is not working as I understand you right?
I had no problems with retrofit ACC
I Changed IPMA GA module with a CF, installed CCM module, wiring loom for it, programmed asbuilt with forscan, then calibrate IPMA and CCM with forscan, and workred straight away.
Everything was done with forscan.
For vertical alignment of CCM, i placed the car on a level road and leveled vertical the CCM module with the srews.
FocusStline
Vehicle: 2019 Focus ST Line wagon 1.0 125hp

Post by FocusStline »

Awesome! Makes me feel confident enough to start the project. I don’t have IDS, and have also no clue what is needed for that. But when everything should be possible with Forscan, then I’ll give it a shot.
c-max

Post by c-max »

As i mentioned before you have to trim a plastic to be able to install CCM, or buy the specific trim for CCM . I have posted above the part code.

tombalt
Vehicle: Smax tdci 2.0 / 180KM 2017 !! Focus MK4 1.5 EB 2020

Post by tombalt »

Did you install a new ccm module or used?
I had a new one, maybe that's why I had to connect to IDS...
FocusStline
Vehicle: 2019 Focus ST Line wagon 1.0 125hp

Post by FocusStline »

tombalt wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:56 pm
Ow you have a new unit. Then it could explain why you had to do it via IDS. Same as with someone here on the forum who bought new BLIS units. He also struggled to get it working with Forscan and ended up with IDS.
c-max

Post by c-max »

tombalt wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:56 pm
Well, new one but was Vin prepared from the seller.
tombalt
Vehicle: Smax tdci 2.0 / 180KM 2017 !! Focus MK4 1.5 EB 2020

Post by tombalt »

c-max wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:34 am
..Vin prepared from the seller.
VIN was entered correctly - forscan did it ..
c-max

Post by c-max »

Did anyone installed and activate ACC with a car that also have HUD module? If yes, does HUD need asbulit configuration?
Graham17
Vehicle: Fiesta, 1.0 ecoboost/125/2016 Focus Mk4/125/2019

Post by Graham17 »

I retrofitted both to my mk4 Focus ie HUD and IACC, in a UK Titanium Focus no components were needed for ACC or as i did IACC it was all down to programming, My car already had the CCM instslled and a Cx version of IMPA both are needed.
The HUD is not needed or even the steering switch, although without it you cannot alter the distance on cruise, apart from in Forscan.
The HUD is a nice feature but not necessary for either ACC or IACC. In the case of IACC on a manual car as mine it will NOT come to a complete stop as t does in autos, but still picks up speed signs and adjusts cruise speed acordingly, braking automatically as needed to correct any overspeed. My only critiscism is that it waits until you go through the sign before adjusting your speed via the brakes, when it could just ease off further back, but no biggie. I'm well impressed. All it cost was a bit of research and my time so £0.00
I would also add i retrofitted to a Mk8 Fiesta using Focus mk4 components ie Cx IMPA and CCM module, i made up my own loom from IMPA to CCM programmed in Vin and after many trys eventually got it partially working but it was hit and miss. Put this down to using Focus mk4 parts then genuine Fiesta mk8 as very rare, this is very doable for the Diyer.
c-max

Post by c-max »

I did retrofit ACC module to a focus with HUD. Everything was ok, and get 2 DCT errors, one for ACC missing calibration needed and one to HUD .
We did the service procedure for ACC alignment and despite the successful alignment it still gets the error. So i believe maybe the HUD configuration affects the procedure