Focus MK4 2018- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
Graham17
Vehicle: Fiesta, 1.0 ecoboost/125/2016 Focus Mk4/125/2019

Re: Focus MK4 2018- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

Post by Graham17 »

This has been covered in other posts but basically, if you use a brand new module, it comes completely blank at this point you have to use IDS or Forscan version 2.4.3 with paid licence to input the strategy and calibration files to the CCM, this then allows the module to accept the asbuilt. You state the seller did this for you, but it may be that he has selected the wrong files to load and is incompatible with your current modules hence why it won't calibrate. I utilised a used CCM from ebay from same model and year and just changed the vin, this worked. Make sure your hex vin is correct or it wont work.
As yours didn't have a CCM to start with have you configured all the other modules correctly. If the wiring is all correct and theres only (4) + & - a twisted pr all to the IMPA, i cannot see why it refuses to calibrate.
I honestly cannot see the HUD effecting this as if you check on ebay or autotrader there are numerous models with ACC that dont have HUD and work correctly. However as you do have it, i'm guessing if you have dtcs it may need changes to be made.
Best way to do this is find a car with same model and year but with ACC fitted as standard. Using the vin go to www.motorcraft.com/asbuilt, download the files, from this car and your own then use a program such as asbuilt explorer to go through both, module by module noting the differences. (note if you can find 2 or 3 its better as gives more indication of changes needed) Its time consuming but needed to get the right config asbuilt. Goes without saying but make a backup in Forscan before making any changes, in case you need to revert back
Hope that helps
c-max
Vehicle: Focus Active 1,0 ecoboost

Post by c-max »

The car i am referring is not my car. My car works great.
This is another car with HUD (mine does not have) and was installed a used ACC and configured the asbuilt for this VIN.
No problem there.
Graham17

Post by Graham17 »

Sorry can't help further, theres obviously something wrong, your friend will have to go back to basics one step at a time, to determine fault, theres only 3 things
1. Wiring inc connectors
2. Hardware incl firmware level(calibration)
3. Programming
If all these 3 are met then it will work, mines got HUD and works as it should and i retrofitted both, havn't made any changes to HUD asbuilt it just worked. Did have to tell IPC and APIM, HUD was present though. However if it was factory fitted this shouldn't be needed.
Maybe as i suggested he downloads the other cars file with both ACC and HUD and compares HUD asbuilt with his own he may find differences.
txemafocus
Vehicle: Ford Focus 1.5 ecoblue 120cv 11/2018

Post by txemafocus »

hola por favor me ineresa mucho este tema tengo un focus mk4 de los primeros matriculado en novimbre del 2018 es complicado activar el Control de crucero adaptativo (ACC) mepodrias esplicar o ayudar? gracias

Hello, please, I am very interested in this topic, I have a focus mk4 of the first registered in November 2018, it is difficult to activate the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), could you explain or help me? Thank you
Graham17

Post by Graham17 »

I'm guessing from your initial wording your not based in the UK, so no idea what other eu countries cars come with as standard. To activate ACC you need 3 things.
1. Firmware in place ie CCM behind front bumper, switch on steering wheel(not strictly needed but beneficial) a Cx version of the IMPA located behind plastic trim on windscreen.

2. The correct wiring between IMPA and CCM(if you have the CCM already this will be in place)

3. Programming, coding will be needed in IMPA, CCM (if not already fitted ie Vin), IPC, ABS, SCCM and BCM.
Alas there is no 1 code fits all you have to amend it based on what spec your car already has. Some can be done in easy mode using drop down boxes
There are numerous posts on the forum regarding ACC retrofit, do a search and I'm Sure you'll find all info you need.
anikologr
Vehicle: Ford Focus mk4, 1.5 diesel ecoblue

Post by anikologr »

Please Help. I try to activate acc but at 726-04-06 I have values 0860-2480-0043. When I add 5 at second position I get error Pre Colision Assist Not Available at module BdyCM. Any help??
tombalt
Vehicle: Smax tdci 2.0 / 180KM 2017 !! Focus MK4 1.5 EB 2020

Post by tombalt »

Hi,
Why 5? Try 4 => C
0C60 2480 00
anikologr
Vehicle: Ford Focus mk4, 1.5 diesel ecoblue

Post by anikologr »

tombalt wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:11 pm
Hi,
Why 5? Try 4 => C
0C60 2480 00
Yes my mistake. I add 4 as you said (C) but with same result!!
DavidK90
Vehicle: Ford Focus EcoBoost 1.0 2019

Post by DavidK90 »

Hi All!

I am trying to add iACC to my car for a while, but still have no luck with the final part - calibrating CCM.

This is the only DTC I got:
error_code.png
error_code.png (61.62 KiB) Viewed 160 times
Kuma476 have helped with the As-Builts which I could upload to the modules. The CCM self-test runs without any issues and I already updated its firmware:
ccm_firmware.png
ccm_firmware.png (14.04 KiB) Viewed 160 times
When I run the calibration with FORScan, it runs successfully and the cluster warning goes away for a few seconds but comes back right after.

The seller said that the sensor was used, and I guess it's true, as it comes with the bracket already installed. The alignment with the screw was checked with a laser level, so I am quite sure it is fine.

However, I am not sure why it is not working, more specifically why the error message comes back. Do you have any idea, or anything else I can try?
c-max
Vehicle: Focus Active 1,0 ecoboost

Post by c-max »

You have to enter correctly your VIN number to CCM module.