ELM327

Discussion about adapters and connections - usage, problems, solutions
karln
Vehicle: S Max. Diesel. 2ltr

ELM327

Post by karln »

OK.
I see in the home page that the modded ELM327 is not supported anymore by forscan software.
So what would UK members recommend i buy to replace my modded ELM327?

Thanks.
Karl.
Ford S Max 2.0 TDCI 2009.
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Re: ELM327

Post by tractmec »

karln wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:06 am
OK.
I see in the home page that the modded ELM327 is not supported anymore by forscan software.
So what would UK members recommend i buy to replace my modded ELM327?

Thanks.
Karl.
OBDlink EX or the vGATE vLINKER FS which should both be available on Amazon if I am not mistaken! There are links on the FORScan Product Page here: https://forscan.org/download.html!
Do not PM me unless I expressly ask you to for a consultation!! I am not an Admin nor am I a member of the FORScan Team and all questions should be asked and answered on the Open Forum so all can benefit!
karln
Vehicle: S Max. Diesel. 2ltr

Post by karln »

Thanks all for your replies.

I am thinking of getting the Vgate Vlinker MC+ Pro Grade Bluetooth OBD Interface.

Which software will i need to run this with my windows pc?

Thanks.
Ford S Max 2.0 TDCI 2009.
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Post by tractmec »

karln wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:37 am
Thanks all for your replies.

I am thinking of getting the Vgate Vlinker MC+ Pro Grade Bluetooth OBD Interface.

Which software will i need to run this with my windows pc?

Thanks.
The Bluetooth and adapter drivers will come with it or be downloadable from a vGate server and should run on a Laptop or Windows tablet( Intel or AMD Not an Arm Processor) with Bluetooth capability(Preferably built in rather than an add on USB adapter). It should also run with Forscan Lite for Android Phones and tablets(No Programming with the lite versions however)!

Forscan Windows should work just fine with the connection parameters(Gear Icon) set for a blue tooth device!

My personal preference is USB wired for any programming. Less likely to loose the connection during the critical phases!
Do not PM me unless I expressly ask you to for a consultation!! I am not an Admin nor am I a member of the FORScan Team and all questions should be asked and answered on the Open Forum so all can benefit!