forscan demo

Any issues related to FORScan application
igpmex
Vehicle: mazda 6 143hp 2006

forscan demo

Post by igpmex »

hello to all. i`m new on this forum dar i`m using forscan for a long time for my cars (all mazda). as a experience was a very good one. but now i have this problem: i used windows forscan with succes in the past. but now i have changed the radio with android system and i can use a elm327 to diagnose and do some operation for my mazda 6. i could use this interface on windows but now i want to conect on android(10). where i can find a demo version for android to check if is compatible with it? i intend to buy if is working on .thanx for further replay
if this topic is in a wrong place I apollogize . I was reading in the forum but i could not find any answer for my matter
Don Ridley
Vehicle: 2016 Transit Connect

Re: forscan demo

Post by Don Ridley »

The Forscan Lite app works. You can't make any changes to the vehicle configuration with the app...only read data, DTCs and a few service functions.
igpmex

Post by igpmex »

thanx. but dam. in windows i can do a lot of things, including DPF regeneration for ex. i understand is for portable devices but still... have to look for something else for android. in smartphone era , still connected to a plug..
Don Ridley
Vehicle: 2016 Transit Connect

Post by Don Ridley »

I understand the sentiment, but you should (really MUST) make backup copies of all files before making any changes. I wouldn't trust my cellphone to make critical changes to my $50k vehicle...too much at stake. The Lite app is great for graphing data while test driving.
igpmex

Post by igpmex »

of course for every change is a MUST to make a back-up. i understand that. if your concern is about storage space for back-up there are few options: extra sd card, cloud etc. don`t forget all the smartphones or tablets came with larger and larger ammount of memory. on my note 9 for instance i got 512gb alone without sd card and on my carpad i have 64gb + 128gb sd. you said u are not trusting your phone for that but i guess your using it for banking and for e-commerce. is not the same but still... i don`t wanna start an argue here but is the same thing like a laptop. i`m working in another country at 2500km away from home. i want to check and maintenance my car with carpad .when i`m home is ok , i`m using a computer . but there is little bit ...
i`m already looking for something else, but for the main stuff i wanna change i`m gonna use FORSCAN in windows. thanx for replay and sorry if that sounds like an argue . is not ur fault. maybe in the future the app is gonna change, who know